Select to view content in your preferred language

Encountering WashedOut Colors exporting Layout in 2.5 to PDF through code

02-27-2020 07:33 AM
ThomasCox
Frequent Contributor

I am encountering a problem when exporting a layout to a pdf through code at 2.5. The output pdf colors are seriously washed out. The same code has successfully worked in prior Pro Versions. The code itself, is quite simple and in fact was mostly lifted from ESRI. If I export the layout interactively through Pro itself, the output PDF is correct and does not have the washed out effect.

I understand at 2.5 'Color Management' has been introduced. I have not touched any of those settings in Pro so it is running in 'default' mode. However, in code I notice the PDFFormat object has the property 'HasColorProflile'. In code I test this value and it returns true that the PDFFormat does have a color profile. As I am new to the 'Color Management'
bit, I am not sure if this is related to this or not.

I have looked at the available methods for the PDFFormat object and have not found anything that appears to allow me to intervene.

Regardless, the output I am getting is not correct. The attachments illustrate the problem:

Any input would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

If you build the map with CM on, and the user opens your ppkx or mpkx WITHOUT color management enabled in their viewing application, then it's not likely to look correct.  Color management is an application setting so its enablement is not saved in the project, so you'd need to instruct the user to enable it to get same results.

0 Kudos