Select to view content in your preferred language

Doesn't Work in 3.3 - await Project.CreateAsync(cps)

yesterday
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have had similiar issues to this in the past, but get by with creating a blank map in Out of Box ArcGIS Pro, but I can't do that in this situation.  I have a configuration that all of my users install and use.  They don't every open ArcGIS Pro.  We upgraded the configuration code and then the users to ArcGIS Pro 3.3 this week.  The users then just strictly run our configuration, but they fail on the initial load with below code trying to create a map project.  The only way around this after the failure is to first delete the strongname folders, then load out of box ArcGIS Pro, load a blank map, then close.  Then they are now able to run our configuration and make a new project.  But the below code does not work unless a blank map has been previously loaded once using arcgis pro out of box.  Is there anyway around having to have our users load a map before running our configuration.

var cps = new CreateProjectSettings()
{
    Name = defaultName,
    LocationPath = DefaultFolder(),
    TemplateType = TemplateType.Map
};

if (!Directory.Exists(cps.LocationPath))
{    
    Directory.CreateDirectory(cps.LocationPath);
}

//This line fails and shuts down my Configuration
var newProject = await Project.CreateAsync(cps);

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have tried everything.  I even tried creating a map template to load and it still fails.  To reproduce the issue, either uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro 3.3, then run the above configuration code before you ever open ArcGIS Pro by itself, or try and just delete the StrongName folders and then run the above configuration code before you ever open ArcGIS Pro by itself.

0 Kudos