Development in Rider from Jetbrains

11-06-2019 02:05 AM
MortenJespersen1
New Contributor III

I am trying to switch from developing my ArcGIS Pro SDK applications in Visual Studio to Rider from Jetbrains. I have successfully openened an existing solution. I have been able to make edits, compile and debug in ArcGIS Pro. But I have not been able to create new ArcGIS projects, or new ArcGIS Items, as I have not been able to install SDK support in Rider. In all other aspects Rider seems to be a viable, smooth (and cheaper) alternative to Visual Studio. 

In Visual Studio, I installed the ArcGIS Pro SDK from the VS Marketplace -- both the two plugins: "ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET" and "ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET (utilities)". But they are not available in the Rider marketplace. The alternative to installing from the marketplace is to install the corresponding vsix packages from my.esri.com. But I can't install those in Rider either. 

Does anyone have experience with ArcGIS Pro SDK development in Rider?  Is there a way to install it in Rider? If not, I just might have to stick with Visual Studio. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

The requirements for the ArcGIS Pro SDK can be found here:  https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki#requirements.  But in short we support the following developer IDEs:

Supported IDEs

• Visual Studio 2019 (Professional, Enterprise, and Community Editions)
  • Visual Studio 2017 (Professional, Enterprise, and Community Editions)

Visual Studio is the only supported platform for the ArcGIS Pro SDK, and there are no plans to support other platforms.

0 Kudos