Deployment of an Addin in ArcGIS Pro

07-09-2017 12:13 AM
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Dear Team,

Could you Please help me with some documentation and steps on how to Deployment of an Addin in ArcGIS Pro in the client machine.

Thanking you in advance.

13 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are you talking about something beyond the addin manager?

0 Kudos
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Hi Patterson,

I have developed few tools using ArcGIS Pro SDK...Now I would like to install that Addin in the client machine...I am attaching the snapshots for your reference...

When the double click the Addin, It is showing me that it is installed, But When I opened ArcGIS Pro, I am not able to see anything.

Please check the above snapshots and help me in getting the solution.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you add the folder, then check the 'options'

0 Kudos
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Hello Patterson,

I added the folder and then checked the Options....

0 Kudos
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Hello Patterson,

Everything seems to be Correct,But my addin is not shown in ArcGIS Pro - Irrespective of the number of iterations done...Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Hello Patterson,

How can I create a setup for my addin created in ArcGIS Pro SDK.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It appears to still be in a private folder... see https://community.esri.com/message/644752-re-how-to-add-add-in-to-arcgis-pro?commentID=644752#commen... and you may want to check the specific software versions you are using since there are incremental changes and some major changes in Pro 2.0

0 Kudos
JanakiGattu1
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

Could you please tell me how could I create a Windows Installer Package for the Solution I created in ArcGIS Pro SDK.

My Solution contains custom Tools.

I would like to know these things.

1. How to add reference of the Custom Tools from my Toolbox in Visual Studio - ArcGIS Pro SDK.

2. How to Package my Solution for Deployment in Client Machines.(Similar to a set up file).

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Windows Installer packages are not needed to install an ArcGIS Pro add-ins.  There are two ways to install your add-in (which will always have a file extension of .esriAddInX):

1. is by double clicking the file on the client machine (which is what you did on the post above) or
  2. by copying the .esriAddInX file into the well-known (or added) folder for Pro Add-ins (by default that's "ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro" folder in your documents folder)

By looking at your posts above I was not able to tell which version your add-in was built for, nor what version of ArcGIS Pro you trying to install the add-in on.  I would suggest that you match the version of ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS Pro SDK when you develop add-ins.  If you are running version 2 of ArcGIS Pro and developed the add-in before version 2.0 please take a look at migration issues documented here: 
https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/FAQ#20-migration

If your add-in appears in the add-in list on the client machine that means that Pro found the add-in, however, Pro will not automatically run the add-in, instead Pro looks at your config.daml file to match the desktopVersion attribute under the AddInInfo tag.   Make sure that the desktopVersion matches the version of ArcGIS Pro on the client.

<AddInInfo id="{your id guid}" version="your add-in version" desktopVersion="2.0">
0 Kudos