DAML Adding Tool to existing Ribbon

Jump to solution
02-14-2018 08:16 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I use the following to create a custom Ribbon.  Initially it has 3 groups as well as places a couple of tools (the Streetview tools) in the proper place:

<modules>
    <insertModule id="StreetView_ArcPro_Module" className="Module1" autoLoad="false" caption="Module1">
      <tabGroups>
        <!--The new Tab Group is created here-->
        <tabGroup caption="DSM Custom Tools" id="DSM_Tools_tabGroup">
          <color A="255" R="238" G="170" B="90" />
          <borderColor A="0" R="251" G="226" B="195" />
        </tabGroup>
      </tabGroups>

<!-- uncomment to have the control hosted on a separate tab-->
      <tabs>
        <tab id="Digitizing_Tools_tab" caption="Digitizing Tools" tabGroupID="DSM_Tools_tabGroup" keytip="T1">
          <group refID="Google_Streetview_group" />
          <group refID="Map_Tools_group" />
          <group refID="Editing_Tools_group" />
        </tab>
      </tabs>

<groups>
        <!-- comment this out if you have no controls on the Addin tab to avoid
              an empty group-->
        <group id="Google_Streetview_group" caption="Google Street View" keytip="G1">
          <!-- host controls within groups -->
          <button refID="StreetView_ArcPro_Dockpane_ShowButton" size="large" />
          <tool refID="StreetView_ArcPro_StreetView_Tool" size="large" />          
        </group>

<group id="Map_Tools_group" caption="Map Tools" keytip="G1">
        </group>

<group id="Editing_Tools_group" caption="Editing Tools" keytip="G3">
        </group>

</groups>

<controls>
        <!-- add your controls here -->
        <tool id="StreetView_ArcPro_StreetView_Tool" caption="Google Street View" className="StreetView_Tool" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\Google-Earth-icon 16.png" largeImage="Images\Google-Earth-icon 32.png" condition="esri_mapping_mapPane" keytip="B1">
          <tooltip heading="Google Street View Tool">Click on map to show Google Street View location in side panel.<disabledText /></tooltip>
        </tool>
        <button id="StreetView_ArcPro_Dockpane_ShowButton" caption="Open Street View Pane" className="Dockpane_ShowButton" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\open_in_new_window.png" largeImage="Images\open_in_new_window.png" keytip="B2">
          <tooltip heading="Show Side Panel">Click to open/activate Google Street View side panel.<disabledText /></tooltip>
        </button>
      </controls>
      <dockPanes>
        <dockPane id="StreetView_ArcPro_Dockpane" caption="Google Street View" className="DockpaneViewModel" dock="group" dockWith="esri_core_contentsDockPane">
          <content className="DockpaneView" />
        </dockPane>
      </dockPanes>
    </insertModule>
  </modules>

As I create more tools, I place them into the proper Group on the same ribbon, like below for the Attribute Update tool:

<modules>
    <insertModule id="AttributeUpdate_ArcPro_Module" className="Module1" autoLoad="false" caption="Module1">

<controls>
        <button id="AttributeUpdate_ArcPro_AttributeUpdate_Button" caption="Update Multiple Attributes" className="AttributeUpdate_Button" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\AttributeUpdate_16.png" largeImage="Images\AttributeUpdate_32.png">
          <tooltip heading="Atribute Update Tool">Updates multiple attributes from all of the selected features in the map.<disabledText /></tooltip>
        </button>
      </controls>

</insertModule>

<updateModule refID="StreetView_ArcPro_Module">
      <groups>
        <updateGroup refID="Editing_Tools_group">
          <insertButton refID="AttributeUpdate_ArcPro_AttributeUpdate_Button"></insertButton>
        </updateGroup>
      </groups>
    </updateModule>

For some reason, I cannot place this tool (Facility ID Tool) on the toolbar using this:

<modules>
    <insertModule id="FacilityID_ArcPro_Module" className="Module1" autoLoad="false" caption="Module1">

<controls>
        <button id="FacilityID_ArcPro_FacilityID_Button" caption="Create Facility ID" className="FacilityID_Button" loadOnClick="true" smallImage="Images\ID.png" largeImage="Images\ID.png" keytip="btnFacID">
          <tooltip heading="Facility ID Tool">After selecting features, use this button to create new Facility IDs with selected features.<disabledText /></tooltip>
        </button>
      </controls>

</insertModule>

<updateModule refID="StreetView_ArcPro_Module">
      <groups>
        <updateGroup refID="Map_Tools_group">
          <insertButton refID="FacilityID_ArcPro_FacilityID_Button"></insertButton>
        </updateGroup>
      </groups>
    </updateModule>

</modules>

I've looked at this a million times and don't see anything wrong with it.  Can anybody see where I am going wrong??

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasEmge
Esri Contributor

Brian,

make sure that you enforce a load order for your extensions. Please take a look at this thread https://community.esri.com/thread/208356-how-to-add-a-button-to-another-addins-group

- Thomas

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ThomasEmge
Esri Contributor

Brian,

make sure that you enforce a load order for your extensions. Please take a look at this thread https://community.esri.com/thread/208356-how-to-add-a-button-to-another-addins-group

- Thomas

BrianBulla

Hi Thomas.   I was kind of wondering how things got loaded up, and if the order might be a problem, but it has always worked thus far.  I guess I was just getting lucky, and today my luck ran out!

Thanks for the tip!  That worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian,

You can also find some documentation on DAML load dependencies in the ArcGIS Pro SDK Wiki here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Advanced-Topics#control-order-of-loading-usi...

- Wolf

MarvisKisakye1
Occasional Contributor

Brian Bulla, how were you able to use custom icons for your addin tools? When i attempt to use custom images that are not esri's defaults, the images don't show up on the addin.

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marvis,

Set property "Build Action" of your image to "AddInContent".

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Yes, you will need to:

1.  add the Image to your project (I normally use .PNG but I think other formats will work too)

2.  as Gintautas said, make the Build Action 'AddInContent'

3.  modify the Config.daml to reference the image from step #1.

MarvisKisakye1
Occasional Contributor

This works perfectly. Thank you!!

0 Kudos