Select to view content in your preferred language

Change the main tab caption

Jump to solution
03-13-2020 12:44 PM
AbelPerez
Occasional Contributor III

Just getting started with a custom addin. I cant figure out how to change the main tab caption. be default it is "Add-in" but I want to change it to "MyCompany". Is there a way to do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

By default, any new UI elements you add get on to the "Add-in" tab. This is controlled by the "appearsOnAddintab" attribute in your DAML.  The add-in template does this to provide you with a quick and convenient way to get your controls on to Pro's ribbon.  So if you want to create a new tab to host your controls, do the following:

1. In your add-in's config.daml, set the apprearsOnAddIntab attribute to false in the group element that hosts your buttons.

<group id="LayerDocConstructor_Group1" caption="Group 1" appearsOnAddInTab="false">

2. Make a new Tab and host your group in that tab.

<tabs>
    <tab id="LayerDocConstructor_Tab1" caption="New Tab">
       <group refID="LayerDocConstructor_Group1"/>
     </tab>
</tabs>

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

By default, any new UI elements you add get on to the "Add-in" tab. This is controlled by the "appearsOnAddintab" attribute in your DAML.  The add-in template does this to provide you with a quick and convenient way to get your controls on to Pro's ribbon.  So if you want to create a new tab to host your controls, do the following:

1. In your add-in's config.daml, set the apprearsOnAddIntab attribute to false in the group element that hosts your buttons.

<group id="LayerDocConstructor_Group1" caption="Group 1" appearsOnAddInTab="false">

2. Make a new Tab and host your group in that tab.

<tabs>
    <tab id="LayerDocConstructor_Tab1" caption="New Tab">
       <group refID="LayerDocConstructor_Group1"/>
     </tab>
</tabs>

Thanks

Uma

AbelPerez
Occasional Contributor III

It works great! Thanks.

Not only that, it was in the comments of the DAML and I didn't see it. 

0 Kudos