AttributeRules in the SDK?

02-19-2023 05:09 PM
BerndtNording
New Contributor III

Does the ArcGis Pro SDK for .Net expose AtrributeRules?

I have found some classes in ArcGIS.Core.Data but they only deal with evaluating existing rules and AttributeRule Errors, but nothing on enumerating or examining what those existing rules are. Haven't come across anything in snippets or samples either.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct- there is no current access to attribute rule schema in the Pro SDK.

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?

--Rich

0 Kudos
BerndtNording
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. I was just contemplating building something that would iterate through all feature-classes in a database and list any defined attribute rules, their types and expressions. Then possibly change a constraint rule to a validation rule as these often seem like a good idea until you discover how disruptive they can be to editing processes and you would rather deal with rule issues after the fact.

I'm also trying to figure out how those rules are implemented - a wild guess is that they are stored in a special table in the database, then retrieved and applied in response to some event.

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. I want to add information about attribute rule schema to the Pro SDK at some point, but editing them would probably be farther out.

This isn't an ideal solution, but both of these can be accomplished via Python:

I don't know about calling the Describe function (for schema information) from Pro, but the tools can be called directly from the Pro SDK using the geoprocessing API.

--Rich

0 Kudos