ArcGIS Pro SDK with Windows 10 Creator update

04-14-2017 06:42 AM
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

I have installed Windows 10 Creator update today. I can not start ArcGIS Pro from Visual Studio 2013 now to debug add-ins. I get Access violation exception:

'ArcGISPro.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ArcGISPro.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGIS.Desktop.Docking.Wpf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'ArcGISPro.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ArcGISPro.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGIS.Desktop.Ribbon.Wpf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

The program '[8400] ArcGISPro.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

All things work fine before update. The same situation is with my project of ArcGIS Pro add-ins and with ArcGIS Pro SDK samples from GitHub.

Does anyone installed that Windows update and have no problems with debugging?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I am upgrading one of our test machines to Windows Creator update in order to check this specific problem.  I have another machine with Windows 10 Creator update running ArcGIS Pro 1.4 and Visual Studio 2017 and was able to build/compile/debug existing add-ins from the community samples site, however, in VS 2017 the templates are not available to create a new add-in.  I will take a while to update one of my VS 2013 machines, but I will report my finding back on this thread.

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I tested this issue using the following environment:

• Windows 10 - Creator Update - Version 1703
  • ArcGIS Pro 1.4
  • ArcGIS Pro SDK 1.4
  • Visual Studio 2013 - latest update
  • .Net 4.6.2 developer pack

I was not able to duplicate your problem, I am able to build and debug existing Add-ins and create new ones - below my screen shot will running VS 2013 in the debugger:
Pro runnung on Win Creator

At his point I would recommend to remove ALL add-ins from your well known add-in folder(s).  My best guess is that at this point you have some other add-in that might cause the exception.  By default your add-ins are stored here: <my documents folder>\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\  

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the answer. It works again after another small windows update without any actions.

0 Kudos