Arcgis Pro Line Offset Problem

10-02-2020 12:18 AM
Muhammet_İkbalYaşar
New Contributor II

Although I have defined offset on lines in ArcGIS Pro environment, line offset definitions are not reflected in the style file resulting from the vector tile package produced.
I manually added “line-offset”: 2 parameter to each layer in the resulting style file (root.json).
When I draw the new style that I have prepared using the api, it does not use the line-offset parameter. The lines continue to intertwine on small scales.

When I add line-offset to json parameter in Arcgis Pro, while lines are intertwined in esri sdk, mapbox works offset.

Do you have a solution?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Muhammet_İkbalYaşar
New Contributor II

And;

Although we give line Offset over Arcgis Pro, it doesn't write this feature to style file?

Even if we add this value to the style file, it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Muhammet İkbal Yaşar,

Can you provide more detail on which SDK functionality you are having a problem with?   Is it an API function or a GP tool?

0 Kudos
Muhammet_İkbalYaşar
New Contributor II

To put it very simply;
We produce vector maps via ArcgisPro. We want to offset 2 line geometries that are side by side. So even on a 500k scale, these lines will not overlap.

Example I am adding 2 pictures. We produced it as a vector on ArcgisPro and gave the value "line-Offset: 2". It's okay on a large scale but overlaps on a small scale. Does this feature exist in the vector map we produced? The line-offset property given in the style file does not appear.
How do we overcome the problem of overlap?

Can you share an example?

0 Kudos
CraigWilliams
Esri Contributor

Line offset exists in the specification but the ArcGIS JavaScript API and therefore the ArcGIS Online map viewer doesn't support it at this time. It's on our list to add in a future release where we want to ensure 1) excellent performance and 2) handling of complex geometries.

0 Kudos
Muhammet_İkbalYaşar
New Contributor II

Hi Williams,

Thanks for your answer.

Is this feature valid for Arcgis Runtime Mobile SDKs?

If you do this development, do I need to update Mobile SDKs and Javascript API? For Examples. Now Mobile SDK version is 100.9 -> If you add this feature, update SDK 100.10 ?

When will you update?

0 Kudos