Select to view content in your preferred language

Annotation editing display feedback

03-14-2024 07:57 AM
Labels (1)
DanielRoth
Esri Contributor

My goal is to get these nice annotation editing display feedbacks (see pictures) in a custom annotation editing map tool.

esri_editing_EditVerticesModifyFeatures.pngesri_editing_EditVerticesText.png

To achieve this I built my own MapTool. In the OnSketchCompleteAsync method I programmatically execute esri_editing_EditVerticesText or esri_editing_EditVerticesModifyFeatures. Editing.daml says both are buttons. See code:

IPlugInWrapper wrapper = FrameworkApplication.GetPlugInWrapper("esri_editing_EditVerticesText");
var command = wrapper as RelayCommand;
command?.Execute(null);

After programmatically clicking these buttons I get the desired display feedback but another out-of-the-box Pro tool becomes the active tool: esri_editing_ModifyFeatureImpl.

After programmatically deactivating the appropriate states I could disable esri_editing_EditingMapCondition which is the condition of the esri_editing_ModifyFeatureImpl tool. As a result esri_editing_ModifyFeatureImpl didn't became the active tool anymore but the desired display feedbacks were gone too.

Question:
I want my custom MapTool to remain Pro's active tool after programmatically executing esri_editing_EditVerticesText so I can catch mouse or key down events but still have the annotation editing display feedbacks. How can I achieve that?

In ArcMap we did the same: we programmatically executed ArcMap commands in a custom tool. This way we could build a all-in-one annotation editing tool that fitted our customers needs and we could re-use the built-in annotation editing display feedbacks.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Replies