Zoom to layer not working for voxel layer

Jump to solution
07-08-2021 10:24 AM
TomLiu
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have encountered an issue where "Zoom to Layer" can't zoom to the right location for voxel layer.

The voxel layer is created with netCDF file that contains the correct x, y, z, v. However, when I try to right click the voxel layer in scene and click "Zoom To Layer", the camera is put to a location that doesn't include the voxel layer. I have to zoom out and drag camera to see voxel layer. Could you please advise how to fix this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Sounds like your projection is off or missing?  Maybe try projecting the layer to your desired coordinate system.

Amanda Bishop, GISP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SerbanMarin
New Contributor II

It looks like the "Zoom To Layer" tool for voxels calculates the center point of the extents (Top, Bottom, Left, Right) and assumes its at 0 elevation. After that is applies a -60 degree pitch and 345 degree heading.

This means that the farther a voxel is from 0 elevation the less accurate the tool is to the point where the voxel will be completely outside the camera field of view.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Sounds like your projection is off or missing?  Maybe try projecting the layer to your desired coordinate system.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
TomLiu
by
New Contributor II

Thanks very much. Will double check the projection.

SerbanMarin
New Contributor II

It looks like the "Zoom To Layer" tool for voxels calculates the center point of the extents (Top, Bottom, Left, Right) and assumes its at 0 elevation. After that is applies a -60 degree pitch and 345 degree heading.

This means that the farther a voxel is from 0 elevation the less accurate the tool is to the point where the voxel will be completely outside the camera field of view.

TomLiu
by
New Contributor II

Cool. Thanks very much Serban, as usual :-). 

0 Kudos