Zonal remap raster function - can't enter zonal attributes table

03-01-2021 02:01 PM
MikeShelley
New Contributor

I'm trying to reclassify raster cell values based on where they intersect another raster. The primary raster classifies vegetation type, and I would like to overlay a second raster that classifies wildfire severity, then use the Zonal Remap function to change the vegetation type based on the wildfire severity (where areas of high fire severity exist, change vegetation cell values from "forest" to "grassland").

It seems like the Zonal Remap raster function would be the way to accomplish this, but I would love to hear if there is a more appropriate tool!

When setting up the Zonal Remap tool, I can't seem to enter a table into the field marked "Zonal Attributes Table" (see attached screenshot). There is no drop-down menu available to select a table, and I can't drag/drop a table from the Table of Contents or the Catalog pane into the field. Am I missing something? I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Zonal Remap function—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

What does your zonal remap table look like?

Does it meet the requirements?

A table containing at least three fields. It must have a minimum threshold value, maximum threshold value, and target value.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MikeShelley
New Contributor

I'm attaching a screenshot of the table. The cell values for vegetation type are discrete, rather than ranges of values, so that's why the min and max are the same. I just can't figure out how to input the table into the tool. Is it supposed to be a drop down list? Or a button to select the folder location...?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

just tried it with two simple tif files.

Yup... no access

BUG-000101138: The browse button for the zonal attribute table is m.. (esri.com)

File a bug report, apparently you are the only person that has found this issue since Pro 1.4, alpha 4

The browse button for the zonal attribute table is missing from the Zonal Remap properties in Raster Functions in ArcGIS Pro 1.4 Alpha.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MikeShelley
New Contributor

haha, what do I win?

I submitted a bug report - thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sadly nothing... after 3 bug report, maybe they will name one after you 😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@KoryKramer can you pass this on.  It has apparently slipped through the cracks

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Dan.  I raised this with the dev team.  @MikeShelley if you go to the link that Dan shared earlier (https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEwMTEzOA==) click the Subscribe button which will set you up for notifications and also increment the subscription count on our side.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@MikeShelley Can you paste the path into the Zonal Attributes Table parameter rather than trying to browse to it?  There is discussion about this on the development side, but my understanding is that there are some technical limitations about what data type can be supported, so for now it is only the path as a string.  Sorry for the inconvenience trying to figure this out - I added this information as a Workaround to the bug.  It remains open as enabling browse capability for that parameter is something that could be worked on in the future, but entering the path should work for now.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@KoryKramer 

you can't even select an existing table

There is no dialog help either

zonalremap.png

and from the function code

self.ztTable = None             # valid only if parameter 'ztable' is not a JSON string (but path or URL)

pasting in a path to a file???? 

and the data type is...  'dataType': 'string',

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos