Select to view content in your preferred language

XY Table To Point (Data Management) fails to start on ArcGis Pro 2.9.5

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 07:28 AM
kolkokolko
Emerging Contributor

Dear Community 
I am experiencing issues with the  XY Table To Point (Data Management) tool. 

It fails to open with the following error message. "No module named 'platform'"

From the message it seems like a Python related issue but I have not done any related changes in the last 4 months at least. 

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Danail

kolkokolko_0-1674758153116.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Danail - okay that looks fine.  In reviewing the Tech Support cases, several customers saw a similar error message.  Their resolution was to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro.  This cleared the issues with the GP tool.  I'd recommend doing this workflow as it would only take about 10 minutes max and serve as a good test to see if it fixes the error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

kolkokolko - in ArcGIS Pro->Project tab->Package Manager, what is your Active Environment (top right)?  Is is arcgis pro-py3 or something else?  I'm wondering if you're perhaps working in a cloned enviroment vs the default environment.  (Caveat:  I'm am not a Python developer so working on my view of this ArcGIS Pro environment.)

0 Kudos
kolkokolko
Emerging Contributor

Hi Robert, 

what I could find is the following:

There is only one environment "arcgispro-py3"[its\location\path] attached picture below.

Regards

Danail

kolkokolko_0-1675242386835.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Danail - okay that looks fine.  In reviewing the Tech Support cases, several customers saw a similar error message.  Their resolution was to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro.  This cleared the issues with the GP tool.  I'd recommend doing this workflow as it would only take about 10 minutes max and serve as a good test to see if it fixes the error.

kolkokolko
Emerging Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the advice. It worked.  In more details:

1. What worked--> was uninstall ArcGis Pro 2.9.5 and install ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 add the upgrade 2.9.5

2. What did not work --> reinstall only the patch ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5

Thank you again.

Regards Danail