XY points with labels

Jump to solution
04-08-2021 04:18 AM
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Hi,
it seems an easy task but i'm failing to add labels to the imported csv file.

The data in csv file is:
Station;Lon;Lat
point01;22.50968152;57.57495341
point02;22.31663005;57.48633832

In ArcGIS Pro from the menu -> Map -> Add Data -> XY point Data.
And the points appear on the map.
Now how can I add labels ("station" in csv file)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Fred - when you open the attribute table for the point feature class, do you see fields for Station, Lon, Lat and data in those fields?  Or is it empty?  Do this - select/click the layer in the Contents pane, in the Feature Layer->Labeling tab for Class:  Class1 select Station for the Field.  Then click the far left button on the Labeling tab (Layer Group->Label) to turn on the labels.  It will label the stations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Right-click the layer > Label. You may further configure the labeling properties. Labeling Basics 

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1617882577568.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Thank you, but actually I already have tried it. If I right click on the point layer and choose Labeling Properties, on the right there comes Label Class window which is empty.

Also from the ArcGIS Pro top menu I can see "Feature Layer" and under that "Labeling" tab. There the "Class" is empthy and "Field" is marked "Station".

Should I create somekind of "Class" before I can add labels?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Fred - when you open the attribute table for the point feature class, do you see fields for Station, Lon, Lat and data in those fields?  Or is it empty?  Do this - select/click the layer in the Contents pane, in the Feature Layer->Labeling tab for Class:  Class1 select Station for the Field.  Then click the far left button on the Labeling tab (Layer Group->Label) to turn on the labels.  It will label the stations.

0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Ok, thank you. Somehow previously I did not have "Class 1." I did a new project and added necessary shapefiles and station csv files. And now labeling is working.

0 Kudos