XY Event Layer Selections and Filters

08-23-2019 06:30 AM
DaleRoutledge
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0

Portal for ArcGIS

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create a web application in Portal for ArcGIS displaying point data which is connected to a customer's Excel table (.csv format). I have imported the customer's table into ArcGIS Pro and created an XY Event Layer. This will ensure that the customer's data is dynamically linked so when he/she makes changes, the changes are automatically reflected on the web app. All is working well until I try to add the filter widget to the application and I discover that, due to no geometry on the XY Event Layer, I cannot conduct selections or filters. When I attempt to 'Select by Location' in ArcGIS Pro it does not select any features and when I manually select a feature it selects the entire point layer (which does not update in the attribute table).

Has anyone got a solution/workaround for this? I cannot export the customer's Excel table to shapefile or feature class as that would then lose the dynamic link and pass ownership from the customer to the GIS analyst.

Thank you in advance.

Dale

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RossHavery
New Contributor II

Hi Dale,

Did you find a workaround to this, I have the same requirement and the same issue with select tools selecting the whole dataset not individual points.

Thanks 

0 Kudos