Select to view content in your preferred language

WMS Error

07-04-2024 09:02 AM
bkaplan_WHO
Emerging Contributor

I'm getting an error trying to connect to a WMS service.  I'm using Pro 3.3.1.  I can successfully connect using my laptop but I get the error on my desktop.   Any suggestions to fix this?

bkaplan_WHO_0-1720108848466.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
QuantitativeFuturist
Frequent Contributor

Use "Add Data" and use add via URL - be sure to select WMS service and NOT automatic as it will fail

0 Kudos
bkaplan_WHO
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm still getting the error.  The error regardless of how I try adding I get a 403 error.  This issue is a problem in one computer and not another.  In ArcMap, I was able to clear out some folders and it often fixed several issues.  Are there similar folders in the ArcGIS Pro world?

bkaplan_WHO_0-1720528844234.png

0 Kudos
QuantitativeFuturist
Frequent Contributor

That's very frustrating. There is an ArcGIS pro Geoprocessing cache that you can clear, but I'm not sure how relevant that is. Some things I would try (from your desktop) : 1) Start a completely new project and retry 2) Try and add the service in the Map Viewer (AGOL) and see if it loads 3) Connect to the same Wi-Fi as your laptop (if you're connecting via ethernet for example). 4) Load the service in QGIS on your desktop 5) Clear all of your temporary internet files 6) Try hitting the endpoint from a browser and look in developer tools for clues.

Are you on the same network btw? It looks like a paid / subscription or at least authenticated service - it may be configured to only allow connections from a specific domain or set of IP addresses.

0 Kudos
QuantitativeFuturist
Frequent Contributor

@bkaplan_WHO  did you find a solution?

0 Kudos