Why is my Text Box truncating the text inside it?

Jump to solution
08-30-2022 10:27 PM
Labels (1)
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I have a layout that contains a text box. In the text box is some dynamic text (pulling attribute values as displayed in the layout) and some static text after all the dynamic values are returned. 

In this scenario, we have 5 values being returned (which is higher than normal - usually only 1-3 values - but in itself, not a problem). After returning all the values, the static text "Operations Map" should be added (it's the map title). 

HOWEVER....for some reason, there seems to be a character limit. The text displayed on the layout is dropping the last 2 letters (the "ap" of "Map"). We tried resizing the box, the text format size and adjusting the delimiting values and the values returned. In the end, we just manually typed in the title in full as it was a one-off map, but it still seems very bug-like. Does anyone have any pointers as to what might be causing this?

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1661923616691.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lindsay, 

This defiantly looks like a bug.  I tried replicating on Pro version 3.0.1 and was unable to reproduce.

Screenshot.PNG

I'm not sure what could be causing this. I think we'll need your data/steps in order to troubleshoot further.  Can you contact Esri Support at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lindsay, 

This defiantly looks like a bug.  I tried replicating on Pro version 3.0.1 and was unable to reproduce.

Screenshot.PNG

I'm not sure what could be causing this. I think we'll need your data/steps in order to troubleshoot further.  Can you contact Esri Support at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah - I thought it looked pretty buggy. I just went back to the project (which has since had the dynamic text deleted and static text put in it's place) and tried to recreate it. I'm using a newer version to my colleague (3.0 compared to 2.8) but it's still happening. I insert a new text box and copy the Plain Text view across and it works as intended. Obviously something wrong with that particular element. Not worth reporting as it's clearly not systemic, even within the project. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1662430394703.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos