Why doesn't my leader line show?

Jump to solution
03-26-2020 06:52 AM
RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

I have a text with a balloon callout set, but no leader line shows up. Leader tolerance is 0. I've tried different balloon styles and even simple line style. Is it necessary to set some other setting to get the leader line to pop out? I've moved the text all over. No leader exists. I've recreated the text from scratch several times.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy, 

Are you working with text on a layout  or with on map?

If you working with text on a layout right-click the text element and choose Add Leader.

For annotation on the map, of which I'm not an expert, there's these help topic - Add or remove a leader line—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation , Text symbols—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation and Set an anchor point position for callouts—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy, 

Are you working with text on a layout  or with on map?

If you working with text on a layout right-click the text element and choose Add Leader.

For annotation on the map, of which I'm not an expert, there's these help topic - Add or remove a leader line—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation , Text symbols—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation and Set an anchor point position for callouts—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

Hope this helps, 

Tom

RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

It was in a layout, but I didn't know you had to select "add a leader line." Not necessary in ArcMap. Thank you very much. That was it.

0 Kudos