Why does table frame not show the visible rows of a layout?

07-12-2019 03:01 AM
JacobVos
New Contributor II

I defined a layout with a table frame and set the option 'Query' to "Visible rows". However, no rows are shown. The value "All rows" does show all rows. The data is in an attribute table.

What might be the cause?

11 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Jacob, 

Are there any features (from the same layer that the table frame references) visible in the associated map frame?  If not, this would explain why the table frame would be empty.

Tom

0 Kudos
JacobVos
New Contributor II

Hi Tom,

Yes, there are (I would say: of course in my situation, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this issue).

Jacob

0 Kudos
JacobVos
New Contributor II

Tom,

I created the layer again, and now it's working.

Jacob

0 Kudos
deleted-user-K9U1SzFzl3f7
New Contributor III

Running #arcpro 2.4.1

I also have this issue. Why the need to remove the table from the table of contents and re-add it? 
Why is there only ten of the many fields populating the table in the table of contents available for selection? How do you select any of the fields after the tenth field? 

0 Kudos
JacobVos
New Contributor II

Seen your questions, your problem is different. So it's better to register a new issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

actually, it's the same issue as the OP. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Brandon, 

1. If the table frame is not showing values for features currently displayed in the map this is likely a bug. To determine that is is a table frame issue, check to see that the link to the table frame's data source, layer or standalone table, is not broken and that you view the fields and values in a Table View. If the layer is broken, or you cannot view fields and values in a Table View, then there is either a problem with the data source (might have been moved, renamed...) or an issue with Pro's ability to stay connected to the data source. 

Either way, this sounds like an issue that needs to be investigated. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

If you table source is Excel spreadsheets you might be interested in the following links:

https://community.esri.com/thread/226227-having-trouble-importing-excel-tables-into-arcgis-pro 

https://community.esri.com/groups/esri-training/blog/2017/05/26/working-with-excel-data-in-arcgis-pr... 

Excel To Table—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop

Work with Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS Pro—Excel | ArcGIS Desktop 

2. By default table frames display the first 10 fields. You can remove or add fields as you want after inserting the table frame. Here is a link to the help topic that covers this topic - Add and modify table frames—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop .

Here is the pertinent section:

Hope this helps, 

Tom

New Contributor III

thanks Tom

I've also noticed when applying labels, that the "visible rows" table will disappear with only the column headings intact. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Brandon, 

I'm unaware of any issue regarding "disappearing" table rows after applying labels to the layer. I just did a quick test and did not see any issue.  We need reproducible steps in order to investigate and engineer a solution. Without knowing more I cannot even offer a suggestion.

Tom

0 Kudos