Why does my group keep expanding?

Jump to solution
03-27-2019 07:36 AM
JohannaPrüssmann1
New Contributor III

I've been experiencing a very annoying behavior in ArcGIS Pro, where a group element keeps expanding itself. I't's driving me crazy!

I've attached a small video showing what I'm talking about. I'm using Arc Pro 2.3.1

Does this happen to anyone else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Johanna, 

This is a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Johanna, 

This is a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

JohannaPrüssmann1
New Contributor III

Thanks Tom for your quick reply. I followed your link, but apparently I can't request a case, because my account does not have the permission to do this within my organization. Any other ideas?

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Johanna, 

Looks like you have to go through an authorized caller to log an issue.

Perhaps you can get this permission or pass along your issue to the authorized caller for your organization?

In the meantime, I've looked at the video you provided and have been unable to reproduce the issue. Without more information (data and steps to reproduce) there is not a whole lot I can do. We are aware that the Contents pane has issues when working in the context of a Layout View. This is something we are working on improving for the next release. Even though I don't have a reproducible scenario or or an official BUG in the tracking system, feedback such as yours is still important!  Thanks. 

Tom

JohannaPrüssmann1
New Contributor III

Hi Tom,

I asked my organization manager for authorization, and he says I'm already connected.

I am indeed connected, and I'm also able to download software installers from My Esri, but I'm still not able to submit a case.

Luckily, I'll be attending this year's UC, so maybe we can meet there and I can show you or someone from the support team this issue directly from my computer.

Let me know what you think.

Best,

Johanna

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joanna, 

Glad to hear you will be at this years UC. We have been working on improving the stability of the Contents pane when working in a Layout View. I'm hopeful that this issue, and others like ti, will be resolved in version 2.4 and that we can verify this together in San Diego.

I look forward to meeting you. 

Tom

0 Kudos