Why are deleted points showing up in an exported map?

09-02-2020 12:15 PM
AlexMorrison1
New Contributor

I am attempting to create a map without a few city symbols - specifically Nairobi, Kenya (top right) and Moroni, Comoros (middle right). I have tried excluding them in definition queries. Then, I ended up deleting the rows in the attribute table for those cities. Yet, for some reason, those points are showing up in my final exports.

Here is an image of what it looks like in layout mode (before export):

Notice how there is no hexagon symbol to the east of Kigali and southeast of Dar es Salaam.

Here is an image of the exported product:

Notice the hexagons have shown up after exporting.

Any assistance on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated! And yes, I have also tried restarting the software. This is using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.0

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex, 

I'm not aware of any issues concerning an exported layout not maintaining a definition query on a layer.  I did some quick tests using both a file geodatabase feature class (world cities) and a feature service (US cities) and set a definition query based on both text (name) and number (population) fields.  I exported t both PDF and PNG and got the result I expected - the export result matched what I saw in the Layout View.

This may be a bug specific to your scenario.

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos