Where is the Maplex style label placement option?

10-03-2016 09:41 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have a number of mxd-projects where I have put a significant amount of time into label placement using the Maplex engine. Tried importing these into Pro, with horrible results, as Pro includes only the basic label placement options. When will this feature be available in Pro?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DevonBise
New Contributor III

Wendy,

Perhaps a different culprit is to blame.  I know that a big draw for Pro was multi-threaded processing and that's still a favorite part of the software.  When I was using a labeling scheme for a large number of features (17k+) with Maplex enabled by default, I saw my performance take a big hit.  Pro begins to lag to the point where if I click anywhere I sit and need to sit and wait for the response to my click (selecting a feature, pan, etc.).  But, because labeling does take a place on a separate thread, it's possible there is another culprit.  I will dig into this further on my end.  I do really like Pro.  I think with some time and development it can be the hallmark of Esri's products - which I imagine is the plan anyway.

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Devon,

We can figure out what that other culprit is.  Please contact Technical Support.  Once they reproduce the issue it comes to development and if there's an issue we can fix it.

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos