Select to view content in your preferred language

Where is the Display Units setting stored for ArcGIS Pro

516
3
08-09-2023 04:37 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

I'm working on setting up ArcGIS Pro for our business users in a standard way (eg. local cache on local HDD, projects always stored in a certain folder, Addins from a common folder, concurrent license manager, etc). As part of this standard config, I would like to set the display units to Decimal Degrees as the majority of our datasources are in GDA2020 LatLng.

I have all of the configurations done and working with SCCM but this last setting eludes me.

Does anybody know where the setting up display units is stored (eg. user.config file in C:\users\... or registry key/value)?

Thanks

3 Replies
MattSchwartz7
Esri Contributor

Are you working with a Prosettings.config file to configure the settings? I didn't see a way to change the units that way: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/administrator-settings-list.htm

but there is a Units section in the ArcGIS Pro options where you can change the Location Units, among others:2023-08-10_8-28-36.jpg

 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

I do have the values (decimal degrees) set in the Units section under Options but this doesn't change the Display Units at the bottom of the map. At the moment, I'm looking for anyway to set these as a default when the software is installed via SCCM. If it's an entry in user.config, creating a prosettings.config or a new/change to the registry i'm happy to do that.

0 Kudos
MattSchwartz7
Esri Contributor

Hey @AnthonyRyanEQL ,

I unfortunately couldn't find a way to apply this setting to all projects, so I don't believe it is possible unless someone has found something different.

There was an enhancement request logged for this: ENH-000107562: There are currently no options to establish default settings for the whole ArcGIS Pro Application for Units. but the recommendation that came from this enhancement was to create a Project Template. 

I ran a quick test where I changed the Unit to DDM, created a Project Template and the default setting carried over with the template, if that is helpful.