Where is Checksum sha256 for archydro

Jump to solution
07-24-2023 04:29 PM
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I want to verify the checksum  value before installing archydro.  Does anybody know where to find the checksum for archydro?  All I can find is checksums for ArcGIS Pro - on MyESRI --> Downloads ( How to Verify Checksum  ).  I was able to generate the SHA Hash in the Shell, but I don't know where to find the target Hash in ESRI-land, and the doc only directs me to checksums in my Downloads on MyESRI, yet ArcHydro is not downloaded on MyESRI.  Note that ArcHydro took me to the "How To" document ( archydro instrucations  ).Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @ZacharyUhlmann1 , the checksum you have calculated using PowerShell is the ACTUAL checksum for your downloaded file. The checksum in the text file is the checksum your file SHOULD have. If the two match, you're good to go. If they don't match, your download has been corrupted and you should not proceed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @ZacharyUhlmann1  , for ArcHydro Pro versions 2.9.36 and above, the Checksum is in a separate file within the installation bundle.

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/water-resources/arc-hydro/downloads

So for ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2, ArcHydro 3.1.4, the Checksum value is in this file.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1690271608926.png

And this file can be opened in an ordinary text editor, to show the Checksum expected.

ChrisUnderwood_1-1690272154993.png

0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1

Thanks @ChrisUnderwood .  I was able to find and view the checksum in the Powershell using the ESRI-provided instructions (didn't know it was in a text file? - that's great).  But where do I find the reference for that checksum value?  On my link above, How to Verify the Checksum it instructs me to go to MyESRI --> Downloads, find the product and view the value.  However we don't download archydro from MyESRI and there is no link for it on that page.  See what I mean?  I have the checksum, but I need to know what value to match it with.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @ZacharyUhlmann1 , the checksum you have calculated using PowerShell is the ACTUAL checksum for your downloaded file. The checksum in the text file is the checksum your file SHOULD have. If the two match, you're good to go. If they don't match, your download has been corrupted and you should not proceed.

ZacharyUhlmann1

Well, my bad.  I THOUGHT I had:

Git-FileHash path/to/ArcHydroToolsforArcGISPro.sha256

But, I actually:

Git-FileHash path/to/<ArcHydroToolsforArcGISPro.msi>

So the protocol for verifying the checksum detailed at Downloading and Installing ArcHycro towards the bottom) was slightly misleading as it linked  How to Verify the Checksum which was specific to ArcPro and detailed how to obtain the SHA256 file, when in reality, I had already downloaded it.  Thanks @ChrisUnderwood !

Zach

0 Kudos