Where can I find 'create vector tile index' and 'create vector tiles' tools in arcgis pro

Jump to solution
09-07-2016 12:22 PM
ChristineSharp
New Contributor

I have all the information about these tools and understand how they work.  I just can't seem to find the tool in the ArcGIS pro software.  I feel that I have searched everywhere but I am missing something.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1 (my current version), go to the Data Management toolbox under the Package toolset.  There you will see Create Vector Tile Index and Create Vector Tile Package.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1 (my current version), go to the Data Management toolbox under the Package toolset.  There you will see Create Vector Tile Index and Create Vector Tile Package.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ChristineSharp
New Contributor

Thanks - my problem was that I am currently using version 1.2, that's why I couldn't find the commands. I didn't see anything in the documentation or knowledge base that mentioned it was new.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You bet - happy to help out.  As time permits, I recommend upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1 (latest release).  A lot of new functionality and more stable as well.

0 Kudos
ChristineSharp
New Contributor

Just an update on my issue. I upgraded to arcpro 1.3.1 without a hitch. I still don’t see any “data management” toolbox under any “package” toolset. I see on the tab “SHARE” there is a section of “Package” tools, and within this I see ‘project’, ‘map’, ‘layer’, ‘geoprocessing’ – which gives a dropdown list of my previous geoprocessing commands. I managed to find a way to search for tools via the “Analysis” tab by clicking for the tool gallery under “tools” and then clicking “more tools” to open the geoprocessing window which finally allowed me to search for a tool.

What am I missing? Where is the ‘data management’ tool box and where can I do a one-click search for a tool in arcpro?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Click the Analysis tab at the top of the application, click the Tools (i.e. toolbox) icon from the Geoprocessing group.  A Geoprocessing Pane opens.  Type "vector" in the search box at the top of the Geoprocessing Pane.  The first two results are "Create Vector Tile Index" and "Create Vector Tile Package".  Good luck!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

i prefer to just click analysis, click tools, and type into the search box: VECTOR TILE

which returns the tools that i use often to create the  index and package in the top results.

0 Kudos