Select to view content in your preferred language

What will happen with Clip and Ship example in ArcGIS Pro and beyond?

06-30-2021 02:03 PM
Leandro-Zamudio
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Checking out the roadmap for ArcMap I have a question about the Data Extraction Toolset and the famous Clip and Ship tutorial to create a GP Service o extract data.

Geoprocessing service example: Clip And Ship—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Currently we're using this GP Service and it's very useful but we want to start using ArcGIS Pro to manage this GP Service as a Web Tool.

The problem is that I can't found a useful way to publish correctly the GP Service in ArcGIS Pro (specially because I can't copy the Extract Data Task Tool in ArcGIS Pro and it has some details that cannot manage.

LeandroZamudio_0-1625087101798.png

Specially with the Area of interest (that creates a new FC) and the scratchWorkspace parameter.

LeandroZamudio_1-1625087261111.png

Any suggestions and/or workaround?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III

Were you ever able to get the clip and ship published in pro?

We are having the same issue and I have yet to find a work around now that ArcMap is no longer supported.

RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

I'm also curious if you got this working, or if you were able to find any workarounds. Thanks!

KathleenCrombez1
New Contributor III

No, I was not ever able to publish the ship and clip from Pro. This is the only service that is preventing us from upgrading Enterprise to version 11.

Would love to hear if anyone has found a solution.

0 Kudos