Select to view content in your preferred language

What do idea upvotes mean?

Jump to solution
04-21-2023 03:02 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

When we kudo an ArcGIS Pro idea, what does the kudo mean?

1. We’ve experienced the issue/gap in functionality.
  2. We think the idea would add value.
  3. We think the idea should be treated as a top priority (we’re voting for Esri devs to focus their limited time implementing this one thing; upvoting sparingly to deprioritize other ideas).
  4. Something else?
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmeliaBradshaw
Esri Contributor

Hello @Bud thanks for reaching out! I am one of the Ideas Managers for Esri Community, specifically for the Pro space. 

From a customer standpoint, kudos on Ideas really are for option B: "We think the idea would add value." Though internally we look at total number of kudos to determine what we can implement, you aren't limited to only adding kudos to your top Ideas. If you as a customer think a particular idea is valuable, and would provide a better experience for you in the application, give it a kudo, even if it is lower priority for you personally. Kudos are a great way for us to gauge Idea popularity, so we can prioritize changes that will impact more people who use our products. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Apparently, Kudos means "When you give Kudos to a post, you give a thumbs-up for good content and a pat on the back to its author. Your Kudos helps to boost the value of certain posts and enhance the reputation of their authors."
https://community.esri.com/t5/community-help-documents/how-to-use-kudos/ta-p/917917

0 Kudos
GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

It is kind of a thank you to someone that provides a good response or solution.  

It can also be used to bring attention to ESRI.  At the Southeast UC this week we were told that ESRI watches the up votes; if someone has a suggestion or idea and a lot of people up vote it, it has a better chance of coming to fruition.

Brian_Wilson
Honored Contributor

It's "D" -- you get points for receiving or giving kudos, and when you get enough points you get colorful GIFs in your profile!

I think it's A thru D. When I write something heart-felt and snarky about a problem I have or try to help someone by telling them what I've been through, and I receive a "kudo" it makes me feel like the message did not go 100% unnoticed.  Overall this forum is mostly ineffective for me personally; I don't post a question until I am at wit's end. That's why I try to help when I can, so that other people maybe get support. Maybe when I see someone else has the same problem and there is no solution that helps me too? Because I have to re-think and push on.

Product improvements at the user level like "please fix Error 999999" don't show at https://Esri.com so no number of kudos will help there.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

@JesseCloutier, does the Ideas Managers team have input on this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud, I'm tagging in @DaraBurlo, our Community Manager focused on ArcGIS Ideas.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
AmeliaBradshaw
Esri Contributor

Hello @Bud thanks for reaching out! I am one of the Ideas Managers for Esri Community, specifically for the Pro space. 

From a customer standpoint, kudos on Ideas really are for option B: "We think the idea would add value." Though internally we look at total number of kudos to determine what we can implement, you aren't limited to only adding kudos to your top Ideas. If you as a customer think a particular idea is valuable, and would provide a better experience for you in the application, give it a kudo, even if it is lower priority for you personally. Kudos are a great way for us to gauge Idea popularity, so we can prioritize changes that will impact more people who use our products. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud

Since you are asking about Pro specifically I'm adding @AmeliaBradshaw to weigh in to this conversation.

Dara