What are the best apps to embed a map in a website?

02-28-2024 12:30 PM
z1edmo
by
New Contributor

I am a beginner ArcGIS user, I was mostly taught on ArcGIS pro but I am now spending some time working with ArcGIS online. Specifically I am working on putting an updated version of my organizations map on our website. This map is a major feature of what we do (think first thing you see when you open a website). I think I could just do a basic webmap and embed it in the website however im not sure that would look the best or be the best user experience. It is also best if users can interact with the map (turning layers on and off as well as scrolling in)

We have previously used StoryMaps but the user experience with it being embedded seems to be poor.

One of the advantages of StoryMaps was showing different scenes and being able to use the map to explain what we do, this leads me to wanting to use Experience Builder. I really like the idea of using experience builder but I am hesitant because I cant find any examples or information about embedding them in websites.

What do you think the best app is for what I am hoping to accomplish?

Do you have an example of experience builder being embedded in a website?

Any thoughts comments etc would be incredibly helpful! I hope to share the finished product!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @z1edmo thank you for your question and hope all is well. My two cents would be either use Experience Builder as one it replaces Web App Builder and two it's mostly used in the industry when it comes to putting just web maps in websites. Putting a Map Viewer map directly in a public facing website is usually not recommended.

Another easier alternative would be to use the Instant App Basic template

Goodluck 🙂

Question | Analyze | Visualize
owlly
by
New Contributor
0 Kudos