WFS without geometry

Jump to solution
03-12-2021 03:50 AM
JuliusKnade
New Contributor II

Hello together,

I try to retrieve some WFS and convert them to feature classes, but the geometry seems to be excluded from the WFS. Adding the WFS to my current map is resulting in a stand alone table. Therefore I tested the link in QGIS which resulted in the needed polygons. 

I'm honestly a bit clueless here, because a few weeks ago there was no problem with the Data Conversion. I also tried using FME but this also does not convert the WFS to a polygon feature class.

I'm working on ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1.

Thanks for your help!
Julius

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like this may already be a logged defect; BUG-000136536: In ArcGIS Pro 2.7, adding a WFS layer to a map displ.. (esri.com)

It is showing to be fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.8, which should be released in the future.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
RistoÜlem
New Contributor III

Hello! I have quite the same problem except that I am publishing WFS service from ArcGis Pro 2.6 and some of the layers are missing geometry, even in QGIS and some of the layers are with editor tracking fields although I have excluded these fields (and it varies which editor tracking fields are visible).

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

It looks like this may already be a logged defect; BUG-000136536: In ArcGIS Pro 2.7, adding a WFS layer to a map displ.. (esri.com)

It is showing to be fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.8, which should be released in the future.

--- George T.
JuliusKnade
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, George! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi George

I am having this exact problem while using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

Similarly, I have tried loading the same feature service onto QGIS and it loads as expected.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Hi @Anonymous User - I would highly recommend contacting Esri Technical Support on this issue if it is reoccurring.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

It seems like this error still exists in ArcGIS Pro 2.9. Do you know if that's correct?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I just tested this service: https://idpgis.ncep.noaa.gov/arcgis/services/NWS_Forecasts_Guidance_Warnings/watch_warn_adv/MapServe...

It showed in Pro 2.9 for me.

I would contact Esri Technical support to have them review.

George_Thompson_1-1638452367938.png

--- George T.
0 Kudos
NicoleSulzberger
Occasional Contributor

I also have it in 2.9 with this example service: 

https://geodienste.ch/db/av_0/deu?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Could it be that it's because of the limited outputFormat options this WFS is supporting?

0 Kudos
JuliusKnade
New Contributor II

Hey Nicole,

I checked your WFS with ArcGIS Pro and it works fine for me. Did you use https://geodienste.ch/db/av_0/deu for adding a WFS Connection or the link you provided?

Cheers

0 Kudos