Web Map: warning 24078

07-08-2020 11:24 AM
MatthewHaak
New Contributor

I have some CAD data overlayed onto a basemap that I am trying to share as a web map. However, when I click "Analyze" in the Share As Web Map pane, I get the "warning 24078: Layer's data source is not supported".

I have already used the "CAD to Geodatabase" tool to convert my CAD data into feature classes, so I'm not sure what else I am supposed to do to resolve this warning.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew,

If you right-click on the warning message, there is an option to Select Layer in The Contents Pane. This will help to identify the problematic layer. It may be that another layer is prompting the warning. Here's an example: Analyzer message context menu

Please see the following topic for more details: 24078: Layer's data source is not supported: —ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
MatthewHaak
New Contributor

Hi Jonah,

I have the same "warning 24078" message for all 7 of my CAD polyline layers within my map.

That site is helpful, but it is also pretty vague. It says "To share CAD layers, the source data must be converted to feature classes", which is what I thought I had done with the "CAD to Geodatabase" tool. 

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew,

When you ran the CAD to Geodatabase tool, new layers should have been added to your map - these can be shared with your web map.

Did you remove the unsupported layers causing the warning from your map? Regardless, a warning will not prevent you from sharing your map as a web map. As noted in the help topic, the unsupported layers will be excluded from your web map.

Thanks for the feedback on that help topic. I agree, it should be improved for a future release.

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos