Warning before closing map in Pro?

Jump to solution
10-09-2019 11:08 AM
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a setting I am missing that will enable a warning before closing a map in Pro? Or is there a way to retrieve a map once it's been closed that I am not aware of?

As far as I can tell once the map is closed all the work that went into it it is lost. I was recently giving a presentation and accidentally closed the map. I luckily was able to close the project without saving to retrieve it.

Thanks!

Jill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jillian - your map is still in the *.aprx.  Closing a Map View does not delete a Map View.  To reopen, go to your Catalog Pane and click the right facing arrow next to Maps to open the list of maps in the *.aprx.  Double-click the map to open it or right-click and select Open from the context menu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jillian - your map is still in the *.aprx.  Closing a Map View does not delete a Map View.  To reopen, go to your Catalog Pane and click the right facing arrow next to Maps to open the list of maps in the *.aprx.  Double-click the map to open it or right-click and select Open from the context menu.

JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Ah! Yes! There it is. I knew it had to be in there somewhere. Still finding my way around.

Thanks!