Sync Web Layer with original FGDB

Jump to solution
10-02-2019 10:27 AM
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Not sure this is the best forum for this, but are there any tools in ArcGIS Pro for syncing data in an exported WebLayer back into the original File Geodatabase?

I've created a Web Layer that was published through ArcGIS Pro.  I use QuickCollect to obtain new points with attached photos.

How do I get the new data back into my original FGDB?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, it seems as if it's possible to track edits as they get edited in web services.  Please see the following page here to learn more.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

With enterprise geodatabases, your hosted web layer can "reference registered data" so your web layers in essence are pointing to the enterprise geodatabase feature classes.  With file geodatabases, this is not an option.  I guess you could add the hosted web layer to an existing map view that has the original source feature class.  Then run a Select by Location GP tool to select those points that are coincident. Then do an inverse select and copy/paste the features to the file geodatabase feature class.

0 Kudos
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks.  Yes, that would work for new features, but if attributes are changing or attachments are getting added then I would need a different method.

Do you know if it's possible to timestamp features as they get edited in the Web Service??

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, it seems as if it's possible to track edits as they get edited in web services.  Please see the following page here to learn more.

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Great, thanks Robert!