Select to view content in your preferred language

Vertical Alignment greyed out

3 weeks ago
GISAdministrator8
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a map series and some of the longer map titles require two lines of space instead of one, this leaves titles that require only one line to appear too high instead of centered in the box (see image attached). 

This would be fixed if I could change the vertical alignment but this is greyed out for me.

Any help would be appreciatedCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

From the "Element" tab, try adjusting the position for the text from its current position to the middle position. Just an idea.

Eugene_Adkins_0-1718897851420.png

0 Kudos
GISAdministrator8
New Contributor II

Thankyou for the suggestion but this has no effect on the text box:

GISAdministrator8_0-1718961957626.png

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

It may not be ideal but I believe if you remove your text box and then add a callout box to your text (which can be formatted like your text box), the callout box will automatically adjust to the text. This is how I deal with the issue.

0 Kudos
GISAdministrator8
New Contributor II

Reformatting it to a callout doesn't change the positioning of the text.

I've tried a few things and vertical alignment is available on Straight Text but not on Rectangle Text.

The problem with straight text is that it is in only one line where the font size scales depending on the line length, i also cannot contain it within the designated are/box for the title:

GISAdministrator8_0-1719221481397.png

Rectangle text works fine for 2 lines of text as above but when changing to a shorter tile (changing map series) that only requires 1 line the text is stuck to the ceiling:

GISAdministrator8_1-1719221627347.png

Perhaps this is too specific to just the way I format the Map title and the issue is purely aesthetic so I will leave it as it is.

Maybe having vertical alignment available in rectangle text can be implemented in future versions, but I wanted to reach out and see if other people encountered this and if they had an easy fix or I was missing something obvious.

0 Kudos