Vehicle Routing Problem- Stops out of desired sequence

08-18-2021 06:22 AM
AriLukas
Occasional Contributor

I have just created my first route in ArcGIS Pro using Vehicle Routing Problem tool within the Network extension. The route will be used by meter readers and contains roughly 2500 'stops' (they will not be actually stopping but driving by).

Upon examination of the routes and sequence of the stops I noticed that some locations out in the county that have long driveways are out of sequence.  The tool appears to want to place them in sequence order with stops on the roads behind them as opposed to the road that has access to the location's driveways. In the screen shot below I have shown an example of locations that should be sequentially numbered but are not.

I am trying to determine the best way to change these location's sequence numbers so that they make more sense. I realize I could simply change their sequence number to be in the correct order but unless I changed every sequence number for each stop after those I changed, I would end up with duplicate numbers. I'm guessing having duplicate sequence numbers would mess with the routing...? 

Short of creating my own dataset and adding the long driveways to the route, what would be the quickest and easiest way to fix these records?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

AriLukas_0-1629292951554.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies