Select to view content in your preferred language

Utility Network Diagram: junctions' wrong position

Jump to solution
12-27-2023 02:21 AM
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a diagram of a gas network.

As you can see from the images below the geo-position layout is ok but if I switch to mainline tree some junctions are placed outside the diagram. I don't know why!

All the junctions are snapped to the gas line, all the network elements have z = 0, there are no coincident junctions, there are no topological errors.

So....? Any idea??

diagr_geopos.png

The geo-position layout

diagr_topbottom.png

The mainline tree layout.

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3. Utility Network version 5.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello @xyz_AL

The result you get here looks to highlight that stuffs are not properly connected on the network side.
I guess you generated the diagram from network features you manually selected in your network map, don't I? This made you selected connected junctions as unconnected junctions if such unconnected junctions exist....
Instead of manually selecting network features in your map, could you please run a Find Connected trace on this same area? Does the trace result return all the junction you expect?

Anne-Yvonne

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello @xyz_AL

The result you get here looks to highlight that stuffs are not properly connected on the network side.
I guess you generated the diagram from network features you manually selected in your network map, don't I? This made you selected connected junctions as unconnected junctions if such unconnected junctions exist....
Instead of manually selecting network features in your map, could you please run a Find Connected trace on this same area? Does the trace result return all the junction you expect?

Anne-Yvonne

AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

@xyz_AL: Also, if you have different visibility scales for your network layers in your map and you manually select the network features in this map, you can end with a mix of different levels of unconnected features. Then running any tree layout highlights the unconnected junctions in your diagram.

0 Kudos