using the same pop-up config on several layers

09-29-2020 12:16 AM
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

If I have several layers in a map that I want to have the exact same pop-up config, is there a way to accomplish this easier that setting them all manual one by one?

For example importing a pop-up config like you can import symbology? Or setting the pop-up config on several layers at once?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

The only way I can see to do this would be to add the first layer to your map and configure the popup as desired.  Then COPY that layer - now you have two layers with the same popup configuration, but both pointing to the same data layer.  Next use the Attribute Assistant ArcGIS Online Assistant  to Update the URL of the second layer to point to a different data source.

Using the same popup configuration for different layers assumes that those layers have the same fields.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
MattiasEkström

Thanks for the tip Jay, not exactly what I was hoping for but a workaround that will be useful in some cases. When I have several layers with the same fields, changing the data source will be quicker than setting up the pop-up configuration.

0 Kudos