Using the Explorer tool to get coordinates?

04-16-2017 11:31 AM
CoreySimmons1
New Contributor

I have used the identify tool in ArcMap for years, to identify and obtain coordinates within my view extent.  I have previously transitioned over to the newest version of ArcPro and the main issue I am running into, is getting coordinates with the Explorer (previously the identify tool) tool.   There is a clumsy right click and pan through three menus to find a coordinate but what makes ArcMap so functional is the ability to identify a specific coordinate immediately without having to shuffle through menus.  I have exhausted an inordinate amount of time trying to mitigate this issue, to no avail.  Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

If there is no other way, that might be something for Esri to potentially look into. In my humble opinion.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That should just about do it....
MiralemZeljo1
Occasional Contributor

What is the option if there is no point where we are trying to extract coordinates?

Arc Pro seems to be taking really long time to extract coordinates if you just right click on the image, this is intermittent but once it starts glitching it takes 10 seconds to copy values.

What could be causing this issue as it seems to go away for a while when you create new project and start over, this problem keeps coming back.

0 Kudos
MaryMekkers
New Contributor II

The coordinates provided in the pop-up for polygons is the centroid - not the location clicked (e.g. a polygon corner).  Minor detail...

To obtain coordinates of the location clicked (irrespective of a features) , you have to right-click and "copy coordinates" - hopefully without moving cursor. 

0 Kudos