Select to view content in your preferred language

User Interface Graphical Error

Jump to solution
02-02-2024 12:09 PM
ScottyMartin1992
New Contributor II

Recently, within the last few weeks I have been getting strange graphical errors on the UI of ArcPro and I cannot seem to fix them. (Images attached)UI Glitch 1.JPGUI Glitch 2.JPG

I have followed the technical support which directs me to change the display options, none of the changes has made a difference. I have updated graphics drivers, windows and ArcPro. 

I have found a similar post at the following location:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-2-8-ui-glitch/m-p/1111911#M47271

The solution is solved with uninstalling the Alienware command center, however i have never had that software on my system. 

System specs are:

Intel Core i9-10900k @ 3.7GHz

32GB DDR4 Ram

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070

Windows 10 Home - Vers 22H2 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Strange!  One solution I saw in the internals was to disable hardware acceleration through the Registry Editor.  You can try that workflow via this link.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Strange!  One solution I saw in the internals was to disable hardware acceleration through the Registry Editor.  You can try that workflow via this link.

ScottyMartin1992
New Contributor II

Typically the issue is not happening today, it does seem to happen sporadically so the next time it happens I will give this a try and let you know the outcome. Thank you for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
ScottyMartin1992
New Contributor II

So the problem just occurred again, I tried your method and it seems to have solved the issue, so thank you very much!

I think it may have to do something with my partner playing old games on my PC like the original RollerCoaster & Zoo tycoon games. I uninstalled them and have not had this issue for weeks, I then reinstalled the games on a different user profile this weekend and the problem returned the next time I booted up ArcPro after she played one of them.

ThomM
by
New Contributor

I had a similar, yet slightly different issue.  My interface looked like it was erroring out (like it had stopped responding), or would appear with different colors:

ThomM_0-1711493912036.png

Putting the disable Hardware Acceleration in regedit also fixed the issue.  I hadn't had any issues after using this software for years and then it started today (26MAR24).  I wonder what changed?

0 Kudos