Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating data sources

07-17-2024 09:12 AM
JoeCrouse1
New Contributor

I'm switching over from ArcMap to ArcGis Pro 3.3. I imported a .mxd into Pro. This .mxd was an older project and many of the data sources needed to be updated. I went through and did the updates, saved the  project and closed it. I opened the project this morning and all the data source updates I made yesterday were not saved and they all need to once again be updated. How can I update these and have them saved. I have hundreds of .mxd's that need to be brought into Pro.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SCCGIS
by
New Contributor

Morning, How did you update the data sources, was it one layer at a time using the properties of each layer or did you use the tool (on the Catalog Pane / Data Source) to do a find and replace. If using the tool, you need to make sure you validate and apply.

JoeCrouse1
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I did the updates one layer at a time. I'll take a look at it again and be sure I'm not missing something simple. As of now, I'll fix the broken paths in ArcMap prior to bringing the projects into Pro. I do need to figure it out as I will, at some point, have to do it in Pro.

0 Kudos