Update to 2.9.1 not completing, installer launches and then closes itself

02-24-2022 08:03 AM
Labels (1)
jamesw
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to update my ArcGIS Pro installation from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1 but have not been successful.

When I launch Pro (running it as an administrator), it gives me the notification that an update is available, and clicking on the notification takes me to the 'About' page where I can download the update. If I click the button, the Download Manager launches and starts running, then after about 10 seconds another little Windows-styled installation box pops up for half a second and they both close. After that, reopening Pro shows that it is still in 2.9.0.

I haven't experienced this behavior before, is this a known issue with 2.9.1, or is it a system issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevToTheRescue
New Contributor

Hey @jamesw 

Please see my questions below:

-What is the pathname where ArcGIS Pro is installed? Keep this installed on the Local C: Drive if possible.

-What antivirus software are you running?

-Restart your computer->Open ArcGIS Pro->About->Download 2.9.1->Did the issue reproduce?

-Do you have access to your MyEsri account? Instead of downloading through the ArcGIS Pro->Settings/Project->About Tab; MyEsri->My Organizations->Downloads->ArcGIS Pro->Download the 2.9.1 patch here. Does this have different results? 

-Try the above workflows, our last resort is to uninstall ArcGIS Pro->Reinstall 2.9->Update to 2.9.1. Let me know if you have any questions. 

-Kevin

jamesw
by
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your troubleshooting.

- I've got Pro installed on the C:

- My antivirus software is running at an organization level and I don't have the option to make any changes there

- MyEsri doesn't give me any download options, it's still trying to get me to "connect to my organization"

I've got a pending ticket with my in-house IT support that I'm hoping will be fruitful, otherwise I'll resort to the uninstall/reinstall option. I was hoping there was some problem known with this version/update, but it sounds more like it's on my computer's end.

Thanks again for your help!

James

0 Kudos