Update Cogo Attributes in Pro!?

Jump to solution
05-30-2017 11:25 AM
FredHartless1
New Contributor

Enable adds cogo fields, Disable takes them away...is there a tool or a calculation that adds cogo values of line geometry to those fields??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Bryan,

In case it's useful to you there is also a geoprocessing script that will transfer ArcMap COGO line feature classes into the ArcGIS Pro COGO form, found here: https://bit.ly/2GFEiNl

Here's the description:

Migrate COGO to ArcGIS Pro
- This tool will take in a line feature class.  It will convert the Text values of the ArcGIS Desktop COGO fields in a line feature class to the new numerical standard for ArcGIS Pro.  A new line feature class will be created as the output.  An optional Error Feature class can be created detailing any anomalies that might have occurred during the migration.  All the fields can be mapped if in the source feature class the field names are different than the COGO enabled defaults.
-Tim

View solution in original post

15 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

The geoprocessing tool  "Enable COGO" add the fields as required and the geoprocessing tool "Disable COGO" does not remove those fields. All it does is makes the field not 'required' which means you can delete them.

We are working on a script tool for migrating your existing COGO measurements to the new schema. JCamerano-esristaff

Once Ground to Grid is implemented we will also pursue a tool to recalculate measurements from geometry. Until then you can use python for that.

Thanks,

Amir

LarryGaudieri1
New Contributor III

Amir,

Thank you for your reply and update. I was not aware of any code for that. Can you elaborate or provide a link for direction?

Thanks

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

In the soon-to-be-released ArcGIS Pro 2.4, a new Update COGO tool will be available for you to update the COGO attributes of selected COGO enabled lines.

BryanFairrel
New Contributor

Can I add to this discussion?

I have a line feature class, that I assume is Cogo enabled (has correct fields in attribute table). I trying to us the "Update Cogo" tool in 2.4. However when I click the tool it will not select the line segments to update the COGO fields. When I try to enable the cogo field using the Geoprocessing tool it says a Parameter is missing. What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bryan,

Did you get this figured out?  If not, it would be good to contact technical support.

0 Kudos
BryanFairrel
New Contributor

No, I have not resolved the issue. I don’t know if it is user ignorance or a bug. In map you just select the line segment and the update Cogo but it does not seem to work that way in Pro.

0 Kudos
LadyFranciscarKassama
New Contributor II

Hi there. Have you figured out how to do this? I am in the same predicament. I have an feature class for lines that is already COGO enabled (it show the COGO features in the attribute table) but Update COGO would not allow to select the lines. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BryanFairrel
New Contributor

This is what I get if I try to enable COGO. As you can see in the Attribute table the fields are already there. Any clue as to the error?

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan,

Since you've already enabled COGO once, you don't need to do it again (you would only run that tool once). When you need to update the COGO values, you can run the Update COGO tool. See the documentation here: Update COGO attributes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Does that help?

Thanks!

Scott

0 Kudos