Unable to publish a scene layer

09-08-2020 01:58 AM
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I am facing an issue regarding the Z coordinate of the Scene layer. After creating a scene layer as shown in the picture when I try to publish it there is always an error that the Service layer has a different projection. Please have a look and share the solution.

Thank you in Advance 

3 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Krishan Pareek‌,

Kindly go through the following doc, this explains more about the root cause of the error and what solutions which you can apply:

00230: has a different projection than the 's projection—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Hope it helps!!!!

KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey Archit Srivastava and Jonah Lay 

I can publish the scene without the base map. But when I am trying to open it in web viewer (AGOL) there is an error that the scene layer needs to conform to the scene spatial reference (wkid:102100). Create a new local scene to add this layer. Is it possible that my AGOL spatial reference is different from maps spatial reference that why I am getting this error?

Secondly, when I am adding a base map to in Arc pro then trying to publish a web scene using WGS1984 UTM N51 spatial reference I am getting the same error of projection even if my system projection is WGS1984 UTM N51 and scene layer projection is also the same. So is it because base layer is created in different reference?

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Krishan Pareek‌,

Thanks for sharing the details of the problem. As per my understanding, in order to proceed with the projection we would need to follow the process of creating a Local Scene.

Basically, The main differences between local scenes and global scenes are that local scenes can display data that has a spatial reference in a local projected coordinate system and the terrain and layers are shown projected on a planar surface rather than on a sphere. Local scenes are best used for displaying or analyzing data at the local or city scale that have a fixed extent in which you work . Local scenes are helpful for urban planning and visualization where you can view campus facilities or building developments. 

As for the second concern mentioned above, I believe it could be because of the base layer being created in a different reference. I will run some tests on my end and try to confirm the details. I will try to do so as soon as possible.

Hope it helps!!

0 Kudos