Unable to Open Attribute Table, Error 400 Bad Syntax in Request

08-04-2022 02:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi y'all,

I'm unable to open an attribute table of a feature class within a WFL I opened in ArcGIS Pro. When I try to open it, it gives this pop up "Failed to load data. Error Code 400, Bad syntax in request." I'm not sure what is going on but it seemed to happen out of nowhere. When I tried to access the table online, that table failed to load as well. Now every copy of that data layer is behaving the same way. I couldn't find any other documentation online as to why this is suddenly failing.

Pop-ups are not working as a result, but I know the data is still there because I was able to apply accurate labels and I can see and edit the table fields. 

I have tried removing the layer, opening and closing the project, opening the specific feature class in other maps (desktop and online), exporting it to my local device and reuploading, exporting it as a file geodatabase and changing the data source, accessing from other devices and accounts, but to no avail. 

Please help, I've cross posted in ArcGIS Online! I'm afraid I've lost this data...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Question for you - is this data in a group layer by chance?  If so, try to use single symbol symbology to determine if this fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
mattmerc
New Contributor II

Any update on this? I am getting this error too on a simple symbology. Half or the layers works just fine to get the attribute table but half throw that error. Same feature service. odd.

0 Kudos
JonathanSkloven-Gill
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing this now with a View layer. Two of the Three Point layers do not load the attribute table online or in Pro nor do they render in a web app (oddly they render in web maps and Pro). The pop ups work in the map viewer as well. One major thing to note is that I had recently pushed an updated with new attributes to the main host layer. This process was successful for the main layer and 2 other Views sourced from the host. 

When attempting to update the view for the delinquent view, it does not give me the option to add the new attributes for the 2 point layers in question, but works just fine for the 1 point and 1 line layer within the View.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@JonathanSkloven-Gill - in reviewing some of the documenation about syntax 400 errors in ArcGIS, a few things are consistent - publishing a web layer with a definition query on it can throw the error, there's an issue with a web adaptor setting, or a login to the portal is bad.  I'd check to see first if the web layer was published with a definition query...

0 Kudos
migforst6
New Contributor II

Greetings to everyone.

I presented this issue today. I was trying to see the data from a Feature Service but I cannot access to Attribute Table.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos