Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Make Edits in Topology Error Inspector

Friday
Labels (1)
BeaverBross
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and trying to fix some polygon and polyline errors in a topology as identified by the error inspector tool. I can preview errors and can see what types of editing options are available to fix the error - Create Feature, Merge, etc. However, clicking on the edit button inside the error inspector box does not appear to do anything. Although I clicked on it, the error goes unfixed.

I was following a tutorial video on how to fix topology errors, and the user was able to edit her errors just fine; whereas on my screen, I follow the same instructions but don't get the same result. This is all making me very confused.

Only one feature class was used to make my topology, and my topology layer is selected in the contents pane. I am also able to freely mark certain errors as exceptions, and I can see the green exclamation mark appear in the error box for each one.

The only thing I can think of that might be a problem is checking the editing status of my map and seeing the message, "This layer is managed by geodatabase topology and cannot be edited directly," under the Editable with Warnings module. And under that message is a dropdown menu where I can see the errors I am trying to fix.

Did I do something wrong? Is there something I am missing?

Yeah, this is my first time making a topology in ArcGIS...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using a file geodatabase or an enterprise geodatabase?  If enterprise, then make sure your Feature Dataset is registered as versioned first before working on a topology.

0 Kudos