Unable to load imagery from SDE database

10-24-2014 03:14 PM
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

Every time I attempt to drag and drop an image file stored in a 10.1 SDE database, ArcPro 1.0 crashes.  I noticed this with the Beta versions.  I can load ECW mosaic files (for example) stored in a traditional folder on a Windows server.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

I have the same question except my SDE data is in 10.2.2.  I can try and add a layer file created in ArcMap for a Raster Catalog but the data doesn't show up.  And how do you actually find direct SDE data in this thing!

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

To connect to an enterprise SDE database:

1.  Insert Tab > Connections > New Database Connection

2.  Project tab on the right side of screen shows Maps, Toolboxes, Databases, Styles, Folders.   Expand Databases--you should see your connection named with the instance that was used.  Here's where you can rename the connection if needed. (We couldn't rename these connections in the early beta versions.)

With Pro 1.0 (not the pre-release) I can bring in high resolution photography (3 inch) from an SDE database without any hitches.  Yay!

SusanJones

Hi

This sounds like a drive issue -- perhaps sqlserver v11 instead of sqlserver v10

What database does the ArcSDE application hang off?

Susan

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

We're using SQL Server 2008 R2.   

The photos are loading fine now with the production Pro 1.0 version.

0 Kudos
SusanJones

Hi Gary

Can you check the version of the SQL Server Native Client please?

Sounds like SQL Server Native Client has been installed.

Control Panel -> Adminsitrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) -> Drivers

Susan

0 Kudos
GaryZaepfel
New Contributor II

I have both 2008 and 2012 SQL Native Clients installed on my desktop.  Our SDE database where we store images is version 10.1.  We are not using Raster Catalogs.   We have been installing the SQL native clients for quite some time in order to take advantage of direct connections to our SDE databases.   But I'm digressing.....

0 Kudos
KarenFolger

Looks like ESRI states in the Release Notes  that there is no longer support for Raster Catalogs in ArcPro.

"Raster catalog support has been deprecated. You can use the following workflow to convert a raster catalog to a mosaic dataset."