Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to join summary stats table with GUID foreign key to feature class with GlobalID primary key

07-13-2022 10:39 AM
Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

The circumstances: I have two ArcGIS Online feature service layers - a parent set of sidewalk lines and a child set of slope & condition assessment points that are recorded in 25 foot increments along their respective parent sidewalk lines. 

The globalid value for each parent sidewalk serves as the relationship's primary key, and is stored as a GUID foreign key in each assessment point record.  No problems so far, the relationship works just fine during data collection in the field using Field Maps.

The ADA compliance of the sidewalks relies on calculated statistics from the related assessment point layer.  I have not been able to get the "join to statistics view layer" function in ArcGIS Online to work for these two datasets (an "unable to create feature service" error appears every time, possibly due to the quantity of assessment points), so I've resorted to working in ArcGIS Pro.

My next best method is to create a summary statistics table from the assessment points layer, using the records' GUID foreign key as the case field for the summary operation.

The Problem: while the statistics table is created without issue, when I try to join that table to the parent sidewalk layer, the join operation reports that no matches have been found. 

When I look at the case field attribute in the output summary table, the values there do not match any of the original GUID values from input assessment points table.  Why does this happen?  I was under the impression that GUID values should be static, unlike globalid values.  Is it because the input table is part of an active relationship class?

Thanks to anyone who can provide a solution to either why the summary statistics tool is behaving this way, or why my attempt to create a live joined view layer in AGOL is failing.

Galen S.

Minnesota Dept. of Transportation

0 Kudos
0 Replies