Unable to establish connection to https://portal.domain.com/arcgis

11-19-2019 05:53 AM
WilliamShoop
New Contributor III

I am unable to establish a connection to any Portal in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2. We have also tested our Dev portal and www.arcgis.com with the same result. I am able to reach the Portal site in the browser fine and the TLS settings in the internet options have TLS 1.2 checked. What is very interesting is that when I have Fiddler running while opening ArcGIS Pro, it CAN connect to the Portal and I am able to sign in.  

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
6 Replies
karenvolarich
New Contributor III

Were you able to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

William - curiosity question - when you go to the Project Tab->Licensing and click "Configure your licensing options" is the radio button clicked for your ArcGIS Enterprise with the correct URL?  See image...

0 Kudos
karenvolarich
New Contributor III

I'm using a Concurrent license on the laptop.  I've added the URL for Portal (under Portals), but when I click to sign-in I get the error.  One thread said it might be IIS Request Filtering settings for the web adapter, but that was not it.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - another question - are you on VPN when attempting to log into AGP or use online services?  If so, this resolution from Support Services helped another customer.

- Navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Security tab
- Select "Trusted Sites"
- Click "Sites"
- Add the following to to the list individually:

*.arcgis.com
*.arcgisonline.com
*.amazonaws.com
*.virtualearth.net 
*.esri.com
*.blob.core.windows.net

- Close trusted sites window
- Click OK to close Internet Properties

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

excellent,

Thank you for sharing these trusted ArcGIS sites

WilliamShoop
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon,

This happened awhile ago, but from the notes I captured it was resolved. The issue was a bad proxy URL provided to our IT department. I am sorry this is not in my wheelhouse so I can't really speak to the details, but here is the response we recieved from IT:

This is now resolved. Network gave us the wrong URL for the proxy. I just put the new one in GPO now. Machines either need a GPupdate or a reboot to take effect. (will also happen naturally over time)

I hope this helps

0 Kudos