Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Edit existing FGDB with GIS Pro Basic

04-17-2019 11:30 AM
ChrisGoessl
Regular Contributor

We are running into an issue where we are unable to edit existing FGDB on our servers using GIS Pro Basic. We are able to edit the same FGDB using ArcMap Basic license, but unable to do so with the Pro Basic License. 

Can someone give me a reason why this occurs?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What happens if you export the Pavement feature class to a new file geodatabase?  Can you edit the new one?

0 Kudos
AndrewAidt2
Regular Contributor

I will try it.

0 Kudos
AndrewAidt2
Regular Contributor

That worked. But, why can't I edit it in the previous database? Should I submit a support case?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey Andrew.  I'm glad that worked!  As to why/what is going on with the old file geodatabase, if you want to dig into it a bit with technical support, you're more than welcome.  Just understand that it's probably more likely than not that they will not have an answer for something like this.

You could look into the Recover File Geodatabase tool: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/recover-file-geodatabase.htm (available with a Basic license )

Anyway, looks like it was somehow related to that specific gdb.  Glad you're able to edit that feature class now.

0 Kudos
AndrewAidt2
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help!