Unable to create raster

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 08:30 PM
Labels (2)
MarieJ
by
New Contributor II

I want to convert a shapefile into a raster to run weighted overlay but I'm unable to do so without z- and m- coordinates. How do I enable this? 

I've already tried the work around from https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012300 but had no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need a field's value to convert to a raster, it need not be z or m it could be anything numeric,

Do you have a field that you want to use? The field just needs to have numeric values that you want to represent as a raster.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need a field's value to convert to a raster, it need not be z or m it could be anything numeric,

Do you have a field that you want to use? The field just needs to have numeric values that you want to represent as a raster.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MarieJ
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, Dan. 

I think I was able to create a raster but with only the z-coordinates and no m- coordinates. Will this be an issue when running weighted overlay?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarieJ
by
New Contributor II

I also want to resclassify the rasters before the weighted overlay, would having just the z be an issue?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

a raster cell can only contain one value, so your z values would be appropriate.  So whatever z is, you now have a map showing the distribution of z over an area.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MarieJ
by
New Contributor II

Perfect, thank you

0 Kudos