Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Add feature services from AGOL in ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap

11-16-2022 12:44 PM
MichaelMixon
New Contributor II

Several people in my office are now unable to add feature services from AGOL in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 or ArcMap 10.8.1. They receive the following error in ArcGIS Pro:

"Failed to add data https://services2.arcgis.com/.......

Unidentified Error"

The first sign there was an issue was that ESRI basemaps were displaying red exclamation marks when a project is opened. If a project shows the red exclamation marks on ESRI basemaps in the TOC, the problem with accessing AGOL feature services will persist. There is no issue when we work through a VPN connection outside of the office, but as soon as we are on our office network the problem persists, but only for some users. Some users on premises are not having problems at all. (This is where the words 'outside our scope' start to arise in ESRI correspondence.)

We have tried reinstalling ArcGIS Pro, but have seen no improvement. In cmd we can ping www.arcgis.com and services2.arcgis.com, but it seems like both the ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap applications cannot access these urls when trying to 'Add Data'. No blocks are being reported in our firewall when we attempt the connection.

Lastly, we do not have this problem at all when using the Fiddler debugging application to monitor ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap. The feature services can be added without error every time as long as Fiddler is actively monitoring the application. As soon as we close the Fiddler application, the problem persists.

Any fresh ideas on things to try would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashap
by
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to figure this out?

0 Kudos
MichaelMixon
New Contributor II

This problem resolved itself after 2 weeks of communication with ESRI. My organization's IT department believes there was a DNS issue between providers outside our organization (something between ESRI and AWS). ESRI staff claim no changes were made on their end. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution, but was told by ESRI staff that other organizations were having this same issue.

ashap
by
New Contributor II

I'm glad it worked itself out for you. Thank you for all the information!

0 Kudos